id2 is the national identifcation and development program of US Club soccer. The information below is an outline of the program.
Established in 2004, US Club Soccer’s id2 National Identification and Development Program provides an opportunity for the country's elite youth soccer players to be identified and developed, while also being scouted for inclusion in U.S. Soccer’s National Team programs.
A comprehensive national scouting and recommendation program is used to form a player pool from which top players are invited to attend an id2 Program Training Camp.
There is no cost to the player to be scouted or recommended for the id2Program. Additionally, the id2 Program is open to all players regardless of U.S. Soccer affiliation, or lack thereof.
id2 Training Camps are invitation-only events that bring together the nation’s top male and female youth players for four days of competition, evaluation and fun. U.S. Soccer National Team staff, some of the nation’s top coaches as well as elite guest coaches and players attend id2 Training Camps. In addition to the on-field sessions, id2 Training Camps feature guest speakers, lectures/classroom sessions and other offerings, which make for a complete experience.
Attending an id2 Program Training Camp has many benefits for players:
An opportunity to work with some of the nation’s best soccer coaches, and to play with and compete against some of the nation’s best players in their age group.
U.S. Soccer National Team staff on-site to scout players for inclusion in U.S. Soccer’s National Teams.
Once players arrive at the id2 Program Training Camp, the program is free of charge. There is no camp fee, and lodging, meals and training gear are provided at no cost by US Club Soccer and Nike.
• Recommendation/Identification: Any coach is able to recommend qualified Players with national team potential for inclusion in the id2 program by using the id2 Player Recommendation Form. These player recommendations supplement US Club Soccer’s own scouting process that utilizes a network of key scouts at league games and events throughout the country.
• Evaluation/Scouting: Recommended and identified players are considered for potential inclusion into a corresponding id2 Training Camp.
• Invitation: Selected elite players are invited to one of several id2 Training Camps.
• Participation: Selected elite players participate in an id2 Training Camp, which are attended by U.S. Soccer National Team staff to scout players for inclusion into U.S. Soccer’s National Team pool.
• Selection: Players are selected for US Club Soccer's international tours, and U.S. Soccer staff selects players to attend U.S. Soccer National Team programs.
• There is no cost to be recommended or scouted for the id2 Program.
• US Club Soccer believes that capable players are sometimes overlooked for inclusion into the U.S. National Team pool because the players are not able to afford costly identification programs. The no-cost policy with id2 ensures that these players are able to be identified and developed, regardless of income level.
• For players selected to attend an id2 Training Camp, once players arrive at the hosting venue, all player expenses are covered. Lodging, meals and training gear are provided by US Club Soccer and Nike.
• U.S. Soccer coaches and staff in attendance to scout at id2 Training Camps.
• Familiar environment/no tryouts: Players are recommended and identified for the program as they compete in their own training and game environment with their club teams.
• Lessens schedule congestion: The program does not take players away from their club programs and game schedules on a regular basis.
• Apolitical selection process: Recommendations are made and invitations are extended regardless of a player’s affiliation, or lack thereof.
• Success stories: Numerous players that have been involved in the id2 Program have advanced into U.S. National Team programs.
• International Tours: Players selected from id2 Training Camps take an international trip, where they will experience the day-to-day culture of some of the world’s most well-known professional clubs while also improving themselves via high-level training and game competition.
545 S. Consumers Ave., Palatine, IL 60074 USA
Monday - Friday: 10:00 - 4:00pm (Finance 9.00 - 2.00pm)
Monday - Thursday: 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Office 847.788.5321 (Financial)
2017 Sockers FC Chicago. All rights reserved.