Nutrition is a huge part of performance and Sockers FC provides information and education to members.
Kris Clark, Nutritionist for the US Women's National Team discussed making every calorie count - click here.
USSoccer.com has provided several information educational pieces to help nutritional education (below).
The 10 Nutrition Rules To Live By:
1. COME BACK TO EARTH: Choose the least processed forms of food such as fruits, veggies, whole grains and high fiber carbohydrates.
2. EAT A RAINBOW OFTEN: Eat fruits or vegetables with each meal. Choose a wide variety of colors for the biggest benefit.
3. THE LESS LEGS THE BETTER: Include a LEAN protein source with each meal.
4. EAT HEALTHY FATS: Include healthy fats in your diet like olive oil, nuts, natural nut butters, seeds, avocado, fish, flaxseed and flaxseed oil.
5. EAT BREAKFAST EVERY DAY: When you eat within 30 minutes of waking up, you jump start your metabolism. This gives you more energy to get your day going.
6. THREE FOR THREE: Eat smaller portions more often, spread evenly across the day. No excuses – you should be eating 4-6 meals/day! Aim for all three macronutrients (carbs, protein, and fat) every three hours for optimal fueling.
7. STAY HYDRATED: Dehydration = Decreased Performance. Drink at least three liters of non-caloric beverages (water/green tea) every day.
8. DON’T WASTE YOUR WORKOUT: Have a post-workout recovery meal or shake that combines both carbs and protein immediately after your training.
9. SUPPLEMENT WISELY: Fuel first and supplement second. If you are not getting what you need through food, add a multivitamin supplement into your daily routine. Create a smart supplementation program that improves your performance without compromising your health or draining your wallet. Before you take any type of supplement, make sure to check in with your doctor or registered dietitian.
10. SLEEP: Aim for eight hours of sleep. If you can’t get eight hours daily, consider power naps when you can. The body recovers and repairs best when it is sleeping.
And to finish off …
The 80/20 Rule: Each meal and snack is an opportunity to fuel your body optimally. Choose the foods that are best for you 80% of the time and incorporate some of those foods that may not be the best, but are your favorites, 20% of the time!
545 S. Consumers Ave., Palatine, IL 60074 USA
Monday - Friday: 10:00 - 4:00pm (Finance 9.00 - 2.00pm)
Monday - Thursday: 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Office 847.788.5321 (Financial)
2017 Sockers FC Chicago. All rights reserved.